Saturday, September 27, 2008

new inspiration

After my last meeting with Tak i had to take a day or two off to reassess my situation. It seems that i have been too caught up in the organization part of charity. A terrible reality filter that i put every idea through minimized my concepts to very few 'good' options, and as pointed out were not great options.

I watched a phenomenal film at TED.com on James Nachtwey and 20 years of his work in documentry photography and it really hit the heart strings. I need to get closer to the human spirit. I think that's what my project will be for this weekend. It's frustrating and so easy to get trapped in the pragmatics of the project and to have my imagination curbed by this. I'll just have to blame it on sitting in a cubicle and suffering from cubicoma all summer. Time to get the heart started again.

No comments: