Wednesday, November 12, 2008

status update

after the last presentation I realized I had to simplify much of the content as things were getting waaaaaay out of hand as far as complexity goes. In the last couple of frames I started to consider the visual impact the website had instead of having so much text as most other charity sites are based on. So I started with the map again and the causes.

As you mouse over the causes the map would lite up where the places were effected the most

when you click on a cause the map would minimize and a series of auto scrolling panes would move across the screen containing images of the cause

when you click on a picture the pane would expand to screen size to get a full view of the picture and the story would appear on the right. details button would be at the bottom so that you can add to the cause or see the connections that were made from this story

I'm still having issues trying to resolve the problem of showing the extent of the impact of the story I don't feel like the story is enough but I want to show the results of people contributing. I'm not sure if this would be an info graphic or something but it doesn't feel resolved right now and i'm feeling a little unsettled if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

I'm planning on working probably around 10 key wire frames to skin for the final project. Colours are still to be determined at this point but the blue scheme with more contrast is what I think I'll want to go after. 

I've also changed my typeface to be a little friendlier and not so gimicky.. so century gothic right now.. i'm not sure what is 'default' on most web browsers i'll have to take a look into it a little bit more. more work still to come. oh my only a couple of weeks left.

the blog doesn't seem to let me upload too many more photos. i'll have to try again tomorrow.

No comments: