Tuesday, November 25, 2008

re inspiration

coming to a realization that I didn't have 'it' and setting myself back a little longer it has been a hard process but i've come up with an answer and solution to my problem.. while dealing with the 'grad year crisis' .. questions like 'what am i doing' 'what is the purpose of all this' started to come up just making stuff wasn't good enough.. that's when a sleepless night i went for a walk in the biting cold to see molly sleeping in a sitting position on the corner of granville and georgia at 2am.. it was freezing and about to rain yet she was truly 'homeless' not one of those 'i'll get money in the morning and go back to my house in the evening homeless' people. A small tattered cardboard sign at her feet saying 'hungry and broke please help, sincerely molly'. It was a sincere cry for help and I couldn't help but goto subway and buy a meal giving her the cookies and all the change i had in my pocket to give her a reason to live one more day. A little bit of hope. I went home that night and started madly working another concept for my project and came up with 'a reason to live'. Giving is a two way street without her there is no one for me to give to and without me there is no one to receive from. She was my reason to live that night. I hope that she finds a reason to live the morning after. a little hope that we all share and suffer along side each other. I found another site with documentry photography on charitable actions and causes around the world. Have a look . I hope you get something out of this like I did and start to understand why we are so lucky to have enough to give someone a reason to live another day. we do have the power of life and death. we can choose to exercise that. www.ontheground.ca


No comments: